In a time when information and resources are plentiful, we also have an abundance of health conditions that are a culmination of genetics, environment, and choices. Conventional wisdom says health is the absence of pain, and if you can cover up the pain you can pretend you don't have a problem. .
Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. Real health is when everything works the way it is supposed to, without pain, and without pills.
We identify and correct the source of your pain to provide lasting solutions that don't require the ongoing use of medication.
Customized care plans take into consideration diet, lifestyle and your personal goals. We help you replace bad habits with better ones.
Premature aging happens when cells degenerate. Appropriate testing is done to establish and monitor baselines. Herbs and whole foods are used to encourage cell regeneration.
Restoring joints that are not functioning properly, which may be causing pain and other interference in the body.
Your cells are broken down and rebuilt throughout the year. If you don't get those building blocks in your diet, you can't make healthy cells.
Your weight is determined by several factors including genetics, metabolism, diet, hormones, parasites, toxins, and stress.
The messengers of your body need proper support to deliver proper messages to your body.
The first studies on the effectiveness of chiropractic were focused on how effective the chiropractic adjustment is in reducing and eliminating headaches and back pain. Headaches and Back Pain are often caused by tight muscles, and joints that aren't moving properly, which create inflammation and pain. We work with all the tissues to restore health and remove pain.
Spinal surgeries and fusions can cause ongoing mobility and pain issues. While we can't undo a surgery, we can help remove compensation and reduce muscle spasm. This helps reduce and eliminate pain throughout the body.
Most professional and Olympic athletes are treated by their team chiropractor. They have access to their chiropractor every day of training and competition, and as needed on the days in between.
We treat injuries that occur in full time, part time, and one time athletes.
Whether you sit at a desk all day, stepped off a curb wrong, or feel like you are "just getting older," the pain that comes from feet, knees, and shoulders, can often be helped through a combination of muscle and trigger point therapy, mobilization of the joint, and supporting the body with custom orthotic solutions.
A collision, or fall from any height, can cause problems that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
An impact as slow as 5mph can cause micro-tears in muscle.
If the car didn't absorb the impact, your body probably did.
Have you been in an auto accident within the past 30 days?
Click here to learn how we handle cases like yours in this office.
Birth can be traumatic for both mother and child, whether the delivery was surgically assisted or not. Being squeezed through the birth canal or being pulled on by a surgeon,
can squeeze the delicate structures of a newborn. Left unchecked, this can lead to a pressure buildup in the area that got squeezed.
Infants can be checked anytime after birth.
* Chiropractic has been shown to reduce pain and discomfort during pregnancy, as well as shorten labor on average by 5 hours or more.
* 1 in 10 babies have colic; a loud piercing cry, with clenched legs, hands, and belly. This condition typically begins at a few weeks old and lasts for a few months. Various studies have shown chiropractic care to be effective in 67% to 94% of cases.
* Head banging occurs in up to 15% of children and is often caused by pressure buildup within the head. A child may scream or suck their thumb vigorously in an attempt to relieve this pressure by pressing on the roof of their mouths.
* Otitis Media, also known as ear infections, are commonly caused by a pressure buildup in the ear. As an adult, you know that when your ears get "stuffed up" you can "pop" them and the pain goes away. Babies and small children will often scream very loudly, and pull at their ears when they pressure gets to be more than they can handle.
Sub = "less than"
Luxation = "dislocation of an anatomical part"
If it is not broken, and not dislocated, but not 100%, it is subluxated.
Subluxation is the main focus of treatment for chiropractic.
Each part of your body has an important job. When one part is not working properly, other parts have to change the way they work in order to keep you going. This process of compensation can result in degenerative changes which are a leading cause of disability.
Chiropractic is a healing art, which has been used around the world, across cultures, and throughout history to restore function and restore health in both animals and people. There are more than 200 recognized techniques in chiropractic which developed out of a need to provide appropriate care for all ages and stages of life.
Cortisol is the long term stress hormone. When elevated the body develops a round middle with skinny arms and legs
80% of hypothyroidism has an autoimmune component. When left unmanaged the body becomes large all over. Thinning or loss of hair on the head, is replaced by growth of hair on the face.
Estrogen and Progesterone are only two of the many hormones that must stay balanced. Hormonal weight concentrates like a tire below the belly button, and around the hips.
The liver filters the blood and makes many of the compounds your body needs to survive. Congested liver weight often appears as a beer belly.
Insulin resistance is a common underlying factor for many preventable diseases. You may be a normal weight, or you may be overweight.
A chemical deficiency or imbalance can alter brain signals, which can disrupt the normal function of the rest of the body. Various medications may also be the root cause for other disruptions in the body.
The standard red blood cell panel developed in 1953 is the same one used today. In our office a baseline evaluation of health and life expectancy goes beyond a basic blood profile. The purpose of blood is to transport oxygen and substances to balance out other problems in the body. This is why many health issues will not be reflected in the blood until something has gone seriously wrong.
It is estimated that 10% of the US population has an underlying health condition, with no outward visible symptoms, which substantially limits one or more major life activities.* Genetic assessment of your DNA for baseline health status includes telomeres and variants like MTHFR.
* Mental health issues are often the result of chemical imbalances. Instead of blindly prescribing solutions, we measure the levels of serotonin and other brain chemicals.
* Minerals are needed for healthy bones, teeth, skin, hair, and other tissues. Metabolism, nerves, and the immune system are regulated by five major minerals and sixteen trace minerals. Deficiencies can be found in various tissues including urine, blood, and hair.
* Digestive disorders can develop from food and medications, which can lead to an imbalance of the gut microbiome, irritate the digestive lining, and lead to impaired digestion. An antibody panel can identify instigating compounds to create a solution catered for you.
* The thyroid is a boss hormone that sends chemical signals through the blood to tell other hormones when to start and stop working. Four out of five thyroid problems may be missed on a standard thyroid panel. A complete evaluation measures the level of active hormone, and the presence of antibodies and autoimmune disease.
* Hormones achieve balance through a complex process involving more than 200 different compounds such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. We expect to see these levels rise and fall depending on the time of day, or day of the month. In order to get an accurate picture, we prefer panel testing which allows us to chart the fluctuations during your normal routine.
* Stress left unchecked can lead to severe health issues, many of which are part of the hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal (HPA) axis. HPA axis dysfunction encompasses an array of conditions including thyroid and blood sugar regulation issues, symptoms attributed to adrenal fatigue, and PTSD.
Charleston Health was established in 2017 for the purpose of connecting the Charleston community with Holistic and non-invasive therapies and practitioners.
Our practitioners are not mythical beings, they are real people with families who have walked through life's challenges. We are not here to impose an unrealistic ideal of perfection on others, but to walk aside you where you are, to help you become who you want to be.
The first step in solving a problem and/or reaching a goal, is to understand where you are now and where you would like to be. We help people identify where they are, where they would like to be, and create an easy to follow plan to get there.
Our office is a primary care facility. You do not need a referral to be seen, but you do need an appointment. When contacting our office please let us know which service and/or practitioner you would like to be scheduled with.
Payment or payment arrangements for all services is due at the time the service is rendered.
Our office accepts HSA cards, CareCredit, Cash, Check, and all major credit cards.
We will accept a letter of protection from an attorney if your care is due to an injury.
Medical insurance is a contract between you and your insurance company. They will cover medical expenses according to the terms of the contract you have with them. Our office will need permission from you along with your contract information to verify your benefits for you. Our providers may or may not be in network with the particular plan that you have.